Findings by Davinci
- four fingers equal one palm
- four palms equal one foot
- six palms make one cubit
- four cubits equal a man’s height
- four cubits equal one pace
- 24 palms equal one man
Do you ever think about it?
About how we were created?
And if yes, when you do, how do you think the creator did it?
Supposing you buy the creation story where we come from dirt, how did the supreme creator do it?
Could the man have been sleeping? I think it’s more logical to think of him standing, right?
Did the creator model the man from the ground upwards or was it from top to bottom?
Think about it.
Then, how did the creator decide on the measurements? And this is the question this writer hopes to derive answer for as we review one of Leonardo Davinci’s masterpiece, The Vitruvian Man.
I am sure you have seen an image of the Vitruvian man somewhere online. Two bodies of a man superimposed upon each other inside a square that is also inside a circle. One man’s arms and legs are far stretched on the drawing and the others are straight.
Davinci was trying to solve the question we are trying today. He solved it in the 15th Century. He believed that the human body and human beings are divinely connected to the universe.
“Leonardo envisaged the great picture chart of the human body he had produced through his anatomical drawings and Vitruvian Man as a cosmografia del minor mondo (cosmography of the microcosm). He believed the workings of the human body to be an analogy for the workings of the universe.”
What ratio did God use to create, according to Davinci, man- the ultimate masterpiece of creation?
Now, God is the greatest Artist because God created human beings who are Art. God created Art. And this Art is the foundation upon which other disciplines are built on.
Vitruvius (a pioneer architect who inspired Davinci) said that man was the perfect model for every building. If an architect was looking for the best way to create a building, the body of man should be the best example.
We want to find out the type of art that God used to create us.
Let’s think about it Mathematically.
If we combine art and mathematics, we find Architecture.
So, what were the measurements used to create the first piece of architecture?
Look at yourself, you got five fingers on each hand, five toes on each feet. If you start from your body, your most familiar concept, your first house, those are the numbers.
And Maths is just build from those first numbers, from one to 9 and the numbers increase or decrease along the organs and different body parts.
You have two eyes, one nose, one mouth. Think about the relation to of your eyes to your nose.
What’s the distance?
If we were to think of the human body geometrically, each part in relation to the other, what would we find?
How did the master creator create us?
Now, in the Vitruvian Man, Davinci measure the parts of the body in relation to each other. For example, how many of your palms make your arm?
What is the length between your head and your neck? How many of those lengths make up the length between your head your stomach?
Did you know that your navel is the center of your body? And if God was sketching you out with a compass, the needle would be at your navel and draw a circle around your body.
Did you know that if you stretch your arms wide enough, the length is the same as you standing up?
Am I giving you braingarsms already?
I know Davinci did me.
Davinci was a mad genius and he craved for knowledge in everything. You probably know him because of the Monalisa, a painting that has sparked a huge controversy of the artist as a master of the grand sion- A secret society Refer to the Davinci Code by Dan Brown for more.
But did you know that Davinci made planes? Well, plane models that were to be used in the World Wars. He was also a Biologist, a sculptor, and so much more. The guy even wrote with his left hand.
He went through underhand methods like exhuming dead bodies so he could get accurate measurements and conclusions on the human anatomy.
He dissected human organs, hearts, lungs and investigated every human shit he could.
What is the Golden Ratio?
According to Leonardo Davinic, the golden ratio that was used to create man is 1.6180- Fibonacci is in these details.
Now that we know the measurements of man’s body in relations to the different parts, now I want to know, does the same work for a woman’s body? Given our different physical build, is a woman’s body the best model for architecture?
Where is my female Davinci?
More findings by Davinci and Vitruvius
- From the roots of the hair to the bottom of the chin is the tenth of a man’s height”
- “From the bottom of the chin to the top of his head is one eighth of his height
- “From the top of the breast to the top of his head will be one sixth of a man
- “From the top of the breast to the roots of the hair will be the seventh part of the whole man.”
- “From the nipples to the top of the head will be the fourth part of a man.”
- “The greatest width of the shoulders contains in itself the fourth part of the man.”
- “From the elbow to the tip of the hand will be the fifth part of a man”
- “From the elbow to the angle of the armpit will be the eighth part of the man.”
- “The whole hand will be the tenth part of the man”
- “The beginning of the genitals marks the middle of the man”
- “The foot is the seventh part of the man”
- “From the sole of the foot to below the knee will be the fourth part of the man”
- “From below the knee to the beginning of the genitals will be the fourth part of the man”
- “The distance from the bottom of the chin to the nose and from the roots of the hair to the eyebrows is, in each case the same, and like the ear, a third of the face”