Even before reading this article, have you checked out our new website design? We have a really amazing new design which is stealing hearts away, have we stolen yours too?
As we are re-branding to relaunch this Magnifique Magazine, we want it to be a place where our readers call home, a space where you can relate to the stories we write, to the dreams we hold dear.
First things first, this Magazine is called Gemini Spice Magazine because the founder is a Spicy Gemini and what better way to leave your mark in this world?
Gemini Spice Magazine is the first product of Gemini Spice Studios and is a feminist magazine where we aim to re-tell the stories of African Women. I know, you are wondering, ‘Re-Tell’?
Yes, we re-tell because we realize we live in a patriarchal culture in which men have been the ones to tell the stories of women. And just like when White people tell the stories of Black people, there will always be a disconnect between the story and reality. Moreso, there is no accuracy in a story when its not from a lived experience. Just as Africans need to tell their stories, much more do women. That’s the core reason why we are re-telling herstory.
Our vision is to see a world where women define femininity for ourselves and where we thrive in this true and free womanhood.
So how do we tell these stories? Here are 10 Ways Gemini Spice Magazine is Re-Telling The Stories of African Women.
- We are the home for women’s thoughts and literary work.
- We dedicate monthly series to discuss Issues close to the hearts of women.
We remind, preserve and celebrate the glorious past and present of women for a more glorious future.
Did you know that Wangu Wa Makeri was the only female chief of Kikuyu land when Colonialists first came to Africa? Did you know that the Battle of Adwa, in which Ethiopians stood firm against the Italians, was organized by Tatou, the Empress of Ethiopia? No? Well, now you know.
- We present News of African Women.
- We are at the front line of advocating for the rights of women.
- We document the struggles and successes of current Afrikan Feminists.
- We partner with and organize women-led and focused projects.
If you have any project in mind, we should be first on your partner list.
- We publish career opportunities, advice and money-matters on our website and social media pages.
- We feature and advertise women-led businesses on our website at an affordable fee.
- Finally, we also insist that African women must live luxuriously and happily.
We are very excited to re-launch our Magazine and continue the work we started 2020. We cannot do it alone. We need your help.
Read our content, share, follow us, tell your friends about us and keep this dream burning!